Dentures offer a natural looking and comfortable way to replace missing teeth and can help to correct issues caused by gaps. This can include problems with speech, eating and changes to face or jaw shape.
Revitalise Dental Centre offers a full range of treatments for customers with existing dentures and those having them fitted for the first time.
Dentures come in several forms and during your initial consultation you will be guided through all the available options provided by our specialist team.
Each denture type has its own benefits, treatment process and lifespan and the right solution for you depends on your needs, oral health and lifestyle.
From a single partial to a full upper or lower set of fixed implant dentures, regardless of the scale of the treatment needed we can help you to re-discover your smile confidence.
At Revitalise you’ll receive our customary five star service and outstanding aftercare in the calm and comfort of our beautiful eco-friendly building.
Our team and facilities are at the forefront of denture and implant technology. The Revitalise consultation and treatment centre in St Agnes, Cornwall features a state of the art on-site laboratory, spacious treatment rooms and bright, welcoming waiting spaces. The lab and our team of skilled technicians can facilitate same day treatment and immediate maintenance or alterations to dentures when required, making appointments quicker and more efficient for you.
- Efficiently replace missing teeth, giving you a natural smile.
- Provide increased stability for your own teeth, gums and jaw.
- Be a longer-term solution with regular maintenance.
- Replace either a single tooth or multiple teeth.
- Provide options to suit your lifestyle and budget.
In your initial consultation your personal Revitalise Dental Practitioner will discuss:
- Types of denture that are available and their benefits.
- Stages during treatment and what to expect.
- Timescales for treatment, healing and recovery.
- How you can care for your dentures at home.
- Finance and cost options.
- Any concerns or worries about the procedures.
- After Care
Fixed Implant Retained Dentures
Fixed implant retained dentures are ideal for customers requiring a full set of upper and/or lower dentures.
They provide a secure fit, a natural look and offer increased support for the structure of the mouth. This helps to minimise the possibility of changes to the shape of the face and jaw over time which can be exacerbated by missing teeth.
Our technicians can create fixed dentures to fit new or existing implants and you will have peace of mind that your dentures will not move or fall out due to the secure attachment provided by the implant.
Your bespoke treatment at our state of the art dental centre will include a CT scan which creates a digital image of your face and shows clearly how your final denture will look. This will give you greater confidence about the procedure and can help to address any worries you may have. Your comfort is always our primary concern and so taking additional steps like this means we can ensure you feel happy and confident about the stages of your treatment and the results you can expect to see.
Fixed Implant Retained Dentures provide:
- A comprehensive and straightforward option for anyone wanting to securely fix a full set of upper and/or lower dentures.
- Stability, comfort and peace of mind.
- A bespoke result for each customer that looks and feels natural.
- Enhanced structure to promote a healthy jaw shape.
The initial consultation with your dedicated Revitalise Practitioner will cover:
- Your current oral and dental health and whether you have any existing health issues that could affect your treatment.
- Which denture option best suits your needs and lifestyle.
- All the treatment and procedure options to achieve a perfect denture fit and a natural smile.
- The timescales for creating and fitting bespoke fixed implant retained dentures.
- Healing and recovery times.
- Patient Finance and cost options.
- After Care.
Chrome & Acrylic Dentures
At Revitalise Dental Centre we have a fully equipped and cutting edge on-site laboratory staffed by skilled, experienced technicians. The benefits of a dedicated lab space are numerous, not least that our team are able to create, adjust and repair any type of denture required by our customers.
Dentures will commonly be made using either acrylic or Chrome which are both hardwearing and efficient. Acrylic dentures are a cost effective option and are sometimes used as a temporary fitting during a longer treatment process. Dentures made from chrome can be helpful when additional strength is needed, for example when the denture needs to be narrower or smaller than normal.
We will discuss which material is the best fit for you during your consultation and throughout your treatment. Whichever type we use for your bespoke denture it can be made, maintained and adjusted by our laboratory team. This greatly reduces treatment timescales and wait times between appointments leading to a more efficient service for our customers.
We want to help you make the right decision for your dental care, one that suits your health, lifestyle and your budget. At Revitalise Dental Centre, we will explore all the available options to ensure the choice you make is the best one for you.
Metal, Acrylic or Ceramic Dentures provide:
- A variety of differing benefits that depend on what you need and your current oral health.
- Options to combine different materials to achieve a fully bespoke denture.
- The opportunity to find the perfect solution to suit your lifestyle and your budget.
During your consultation, your individual Revitalise Practitioner will discuss:
Partial & Full Dentures
Part of our core commitment to Revitalise customers is making sure that we offer as much flexibility around your care as possible. This includes the timescales for your treatment, finance plans and giving you all the potential choices before you make a decision.
If you do require either a partial denture or a full upper or lower set there are many variables available that we can discuss with you as part of your initial consultation. Whether you are having a new denture fitted or adjusting an existing one, our expert team are on hand to help you.
At Revitalise we are able to offer treatments designed to suit your individual needs. Swiss™ precision dentures are a premium product devised to optimise chewing motion and work particularly well for lower jaw implants. Another potential option is a BPS™ denture which can be made by our in-house technicians and helps to replicate the most realistic look and feel possible.
Partial and Full Dentures:
- Come in a variety of materials, styles and can be fitted using different techniques to match your requirements.
- Can all be designed, made, adjusted and maintained in our state of the art on-site laboratory.
- Will always be created as a bespoke dental solution designed just for you; to provide comfort, stability and a natural look.
Your consultation with an experienced Revitalise Practitioner will include:
- Clarity on the differences between Partial and Full Dentures and how they can benefit you.
- Which denture materials are available and which one is the best fit for you.
Your current dental health.
- Treatment types that will provide the outcome you want.
- The available Patient finance and cost options we offer.
- After Care, Maintenance and Hygiene.
Removable Implant Retained Dentures
Removable Implant Retained Dentures are perfect for patients who would like a worry-free and secure denture attachment, but want to retain the flexibility of being able to remove their denture.
Revitalise Dental Centre provides the option of having removable implant retained dentures fitted and all the sections of your denture can be created by the skilled technicians in our on-site laboratory. In a straightforward and very common procedure, small metal implants are inserted into the jawbone to create a secure attachment. The bespoke removable denture can then be clipped securely into place, providing flexibility, comfort and security and can be easily un-clipped for cleaning and maintenance.
Removable implant retained dentures are an ideal solution if you have experienced any gum recession or have lost bone from your jaw and can also be beneficial for customers needing additional support for the facial structure so that muscle strength can be improved.
Although the number of implants required varies from person to person you would normally expect lower jaw dentures to need just two implants and occasionally up to four in the upper jaw. All of the variables within the treatment process can be discussed with you during the initial consultation. You will be able to ask any questions that you have and feel more confident about choosing the best dental care solution.
Removable Implant Retained Dentures offer:
- The potential to be used for both Full or Partial Upper and/or Lower arches.
- Increased flexibility for maintenance and hygiene.
- Security, comfort and a natural look and feel.
- Ease of use, with effortless clipping and unclipping.
During your initial consultation your personal Revitalise Practitioner will talk to you about:
- The denture option/s that best suits your needs.
- The number of implants that may be required during treatment.
- Clipping and unclipping your denture easily.
- The timescale for your treatment.
- Healing and recovery times.
- Patient Finance
- Hygiene, Maintenance and After Care.
When Should I Consult a Dentist About Dentures?
You may be considering having a denture fitted for the first time to replace a single missing tooth or a number of lost or damaged teeth. At Revitalise Dental Centre we offer a full range of general, cosmetic and denture treatments and will be able to advise you on which options best suit your desired outcome.
If you do have missing teeth it’s important to be aware of the impact that this can have long-term. It not only affects your oral health i.e. the increased risk of trapped food particles causing gum disease, but also the effect it can have on eating, speaking and your jaw and face shape.
You may be feeling confused or nervous about the variety of dentures available and the treatment process itself. An initial consultation with our team will help to explain all the benefits to having a denture fitted as well as walking you through the procedure and discussing timescales, healing and finance options.
If you already have dentures or a dental implant then it is important to attend regular appointments so that your dentist can check the condition of your natural teeth and your denture fitting.
They will be able to identify any immediate issues that require treatment like decay or gum disease as well as spot any potential future problems that can be treated before they become serious.
If you take care of your dentures with effective hygiene, a good oral cleaning regime, regular maintenance and dental appointments your denture should last for several years.
During this time it is possible that your gums and jawbone could shrink leading to an increased possibility of a denture not fitting quite as well as it originally did. Loose fitting dentures can be uncomfortable and are more likely to suffer additional damage or wear.
You should arrange to see a dentist immediately if:
- You experience a ‘clicking’ sound or sensation from your dentures while you talk or eat.
- It feels as though your dentures no longer fit or slip out of place frequently.
- Your dentures give you discomfort or pain.
- There are clear signs of wear or damage on your dentures.
- You can see evidence of gum disease or tooth decay which can include bad breath or bleeding gums.
Taking care of your dentures and having good oral hygiene has a positive impact on your overall health and well-being. A denture that is worn, damaged or is badly fitted can not only cause discomfort it can also lead to issues with speaking and eating.
If you are in any doubt, please contact our expert team and we will arrange a time for you to speak about your denture with a clinician. They will be able to help and also answer any questions you have about the treatments we offer to give you back your smile and your confidence.
At the core of our ethos and the five star care we provide is our commitment to your comfort. At Revitalise Dental Centre you’ll have the opportunity to meet our team before your treatment begins in a comprehensive consultation session designed to give you peace of mind and confidence.
During this time we will discuss all the available options for treatment and aftercare, give you a tour of our beautiful eco-friendly facilities and on-site laboratory and answer any questions you have.
We will discuss in detail:
Exploring all the steps involved in your care so you know exactly what to expect throughout your time with us. Our aim at Revitalise is to provide all of our customers with a stress-free experience. We want you to feel as comfortable and in control of your treatment as possible and confident to share any worries you have about procedures.
Recovery and Healing
These are crucial stages during treatment and timescales will vary on an individual basis. Feeling confident about the treatment you have chosen helps you to manage the healing and recovery periods and means that you maintain a positive long-term view of the benefits that having a denture will give you.
Finance and Cost Options
We know that private dental treatment can feel out of reach and that the potential cost of dentures or dental implants can be an obstacle in many cases. However, at Revitalise we also believe that everybody deserves to have a smile that they are proud to show off. This is why we have devised a range of patient finance options for customers wishing to spread the cost of their first class dental care.
Regular maintenance and a good oral care regime will help your dentures last and feel comfortable for longer. At Revitalise we want all of our patients to be able to enjoy their new smile with confidence for many years to come. A clear aftercare plan is one of our commitments to you and will help us work together to keep your smile beautiful.
If you have any questions about the five star Treatment and Aftercare we offer at Revitalise Dental Centre please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our experienced, professional team.